Content and New Writer(Ref: TH1113)
Skills: Copywriting, content creation, social media, media relations
Content and News Writer
Salary £27,000 - £30,000 pro rata
3 – 6 month contract (WFH first 3 months)
You will contribute to the marketing and comms team by creating content and copywriting engaging articles for internal and external comms. Ensuring the content is in line with the creative programme and the brand positioning.
- Assist with the planning of a rolling schedule of themed news content for delivery across a range of internal and external channels working collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing & Communication
- Source and develop news stories in line with the agreed content plan working with colleagues as appropriate
- Develop creative and engaging content based on these news stories for deployment across a broad mix of internal and external channels
- Deal with incoming media enquiries and interview requests and to monitor media coverage, including out-of-hours as required
- Monitor analytics and provide regular reports and recommendations based on the reach and effectiveness of planned content
What you will need:
- Copywriting or journalism qualification or similar
- High quality creative writing skills for print, web and digital platforms
- Track record of creating engaging content for a range of audiences, applying brand and in house styles
- Good understanding of Social Media and creating content for them
- Proven ability to work across a broad range of marketing and communications channels
- Good understanding of how the media works, writing for press and also dealing with journalists.
This contract role will be home based for the first 3 months.
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000