Head of Direct Marketing £50,000(Ref: TH550)
Skills: Direct Marketing, Telemarketing, Strategy, people management
Head of Direct Marketing
Salary £45,000 - £55,0000 plus excellent benefits
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious leader with a proven and successful Direct Marketing career, within the B2C space. This position will be working across global markets and will be responsible for strategy, budget management and leading a team of 8.
- To implement the direct marketing strategy and to develop and manage an integrated programme
- Management of expenditure and income budgets including regular reforecasts, annual planning and results reporting and sharing.
- To line manage a team of 3 in Milan, Italy. This will require regular visits to Italy to maintain face to face contact with the Marketing Manager and team.
- To oversee teams Norway and Sweden. To manage agency relationships based in Scandinavia. This will require regular visits to Scandinavia to maximise these relationships.
- To work with the Digital Manager to fully integrate mobile and email marketing, and digital advertising
- To make a case for support to Senior Management for appropriate ongoing investment and to report back as required.
- To oversee and ensure due diligence in the creation, development and maintenance of excellent working relationships with contracted external suppliers to help achieve the objectives of the programme, including agencies providing direct marketing, print and media buying and telemarketing expertise and services.
- To identify and improve retention rates and lifetime value through data analysis, giving a greater return on investment in the long term.
What you will need:
- Proven experience of working in a Head of or Senior Direct Marketing position with a charity or cosumer focused market.
- Excellent direct marketing technical experience and skills (preferably including): Print buying – including negotiating contracts, strong knowledge of production techniques, formats and quality control.
- Media buying – including Off the Page, DRTV, inserts and door drops.
- Telemarketing – including scripting, volume prediction and ROI projections. Per contact vs by results pricing.
- Contract/price negotiation - Negotiating one-off and annual contracts up to millions of pounds. Assessing risk and the level of contract required in each case.
- Testing segmentation – good understanding of the application of various analytical techniques including significance testing.
- Proven strategy development, project management and planning skills.
- Experience of working in Global Markets
- Extensive experience of fundraising / direct marketing to individuals with a proven track record of success in a dynamic environment.
The company offers excellent benefits and work life balance, with the chance to really make a difference.
Location: Haywards Heath
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
This position has been filled