Head of Publishing Day Rate on application
Head of Publishing
Fixed term contract 3 – 6 month , Day rate on application. East Grinstead, West Sussex
You will be responsible for the production of their monthly print and digital magazines to inspire and support the them in communicating to over one million members. You will manage an internal team of editors and external agencies to ensure the magazines remain relevant and motivating.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Publishing job:
- Contribute to achievement of their membership acquisition andretention targets through close liaison with Head of Marketing.
- Contribute to achievement of their business objectives through close liaison with the senior level managers.
- To take the publishing department and all related work streams into the next generation of the digital publications landscape.
- Responsibility for the origination, development and publication of their monthly magazines ensuring that they achieve industry-leading high quality standards in editorial and design.
- Maintaining editorial integrity and credibility as a leading industry and outdoor leisure publication, reflecting and promoting both the needs of the membership base, and other stakeholders in the wider leisure sector.
- Commissioning work with outside agencies and individuals ensuring that editorial and compliance standards are maintained and that commercial revenue negotiations are in the best interest of the Club.
- Responsibility for the development and production of offline and online membership, sites, product and tours collateral in liaison with the wider marketing and product teams, and reflecting the brand and corporate identity guidelines.
- P&L responsibility for the Publishing departments budget. Prepare annual publishing plans and annual budgets.
For this Head of Publishing job you will need:
- Degree (preferable)
- A recognised Journalist qualification
- Relevant offline and online publishing experience in a member/customer-centric commercial environment (ideally B2C), with specific experience in magazine journalism and/or editorial control.
- Proven ability, confidence and success in delivering outstanding member/customer publications
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with the latest Desktop Publishing technology and related systems and software packages.
- Proactively digital
Location: Crawley / East Grinstead, Sussex
Salary: Day rate on application
This position has been filled