PR Account Director
Account Director (PR)
We areworking with a growing and respected PR agency, which specialise in consumer products sector (health and beauty). They are looking for a talented Account Director to head up and manage the team, as well as build and develop client relationships, ensuring high quality PR output and activity for their clients. Working into the MD, this position is integral to the smooth running and success of the business.
- Overall management of team members and workload, in relation to client projects and coverage expectations.
- Overall management of key accounts including being the main point of liaison for certain clients.
- Support new business generation and procurement. To generate new business leads, draft new business documents, attend pitch meetings and help to build the business.
- Ensure key press relationships are forged and maintained. Weekly liaison with journalists on national, consumer, regional, trade, website and broadcast media to negotiate regular, monthly coverage and feature opportunities for the clients.
- Working with/manage team to propose ideas and think creatively around PR campaigns.
- Create planning process and workflow of clients and team members, manage client budgets and billings
- Help to monitoring national press for stories/competitor ads relevant to the business/clients.
You will have:
- A minimum of six years proven skills within consumer, trade and corporate PR preferred, although within the beauty (essential) and health industry is preferred it is not essential.
- Extensive knowledge of the PR industry gained either in-house or within agency.
- Excellent communication skills – both on the telephone and face-to-face.
- Team management and leadership skills are essential
- Have good planning and organising skills
- Be resilient, strategic and proactive
- Have a natural flair for ensuring coverage targets are met by team and a passion for ensuring client service is maintained at the highest level essential.
- Strong writing skills (media releases, news creation releases, articles, Q & A’s, strategy documents, pitch documents). Able to write creatively and good attention to detail.
- Able to think laterally about ‘year ahead’ PR calendar essential.
Location: Brighton & London
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
This position has been filled