Senior Events Manager circa £45,000(Ref: TH955)
Senior Events Manager
Salary circa £45,000 plus benefits
East Grinstead, West Sussex
The role will be responsible for the planning, organisation and implementation of the company’s Events schedule, Awards and Training courses. This role will also manage the companies B2B Dealer strategy supporting retention targets.
Overview of responsibilities for the Senior Events job:
- Plan, implement and manage the Events team, setting out clear objectives and measurements on performance in relation to revenue and expenditure
- Plan, deliver and manage the company’s roadmap of attendance at Indoor and Outdoor exhibitions/events to maximise investment aligned to membership and Brand awareness targets, including sourcing new event locations and opportunities
- Manage the company’s annual awards schedule ensuring that the pre-eminent position within the industry is maintained and enhanced. Review and recommend new award sponsorship opportunities in existing and adjacent related markets
- Manage sponsorship, industry and commercial relationships in relation to events and campaigns
- Act as the focal point for industry and commercial partner relationships related to Events
- Manage training courses and venues so that they meet members’ requirements and maintain profitable revenue return. Source and negotiate new venues as appropriate and in line with market growth
- Develop and implement the Dealer Strategy to ensure that it provides an effective membership acquisition channel, and enhances and promotes the reputation in the wider industry.
- Submit annual consolidated budget reports and proposals and ensure control of approved expenditure within agreed budgets.
What you will need for this Senior Events Manager job:
- Degree qualified or similar Events qualification
- Proven Events Management experience in a customer-centric commercial
- environment (ideally B2C and B2B), with specific experience in large outdoor and indoor exhibitions and events.
- Proven ability and confidence to deliver outstanding events on time and within budget
- Exposure and understanding of contract management
- Ability to create strong relationships with external business partners, sponsors and suppliers
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Salary: Salary circa £45,000 plus benefits